Old April 27th 17, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Trailering with added bike rack?

I see there are draw bar adapters/extensions that enable mounting a bicycle rack plus your standard hitch ball for coupling the trailer, e.g:

https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Recei...k+extender#Ask

Could the extended arm of such connections plus the added weight of a bicycle or two present some tradeoffs in trailering stability and weight limits?

Has anyone tried this, and if so what was your experience. Any engineering cautions welcome as well.

Thanks,
Mark

My father mounted a standard roof rack on top of his cobra trailer(with the addition of some brackets) and hauled a canoe up there. Quite a site. I imagine bike would work too.