Old April 27th 17, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Default Blanik L-13

The AMOC (alternative method of compliance) for FAA Project AT00794CE-G may indeed take time to resolve. My intention was to caution US owners of affected L-13's that some people that are offering to purchase these "gate exhibits" on the cheap may in fact be planning on "flipping" these gliders for a huge margin if returned to service via an AMOC, thereby taking advantage of those who may not have received the notice. For example, the two offers posted on RAS, and , are suspiciously first-timers here. On the other hand, they could both be quite innocent. I owned an L-13 and sold it in the late 90's but still feel quite bad for the new owner who later had to ground it. It may already be too late for some, unfortunately.