Old October 15th 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Beringer parking brake

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 10:04:43 AM UTC-7, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 12:59:27 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
A spin-off from Walt's thread on the D2 brake kit.
Looking through the Beringer catalog, there is a parking brake valve.

http://www.beringer-aero.com/en/prod...e-valve-30.htm

Has anyone installed a hydraulic parking brake in their glider, whether a Beringer, Cleveland, or other system?
That would have been a good mod to put in the ASH26E, where I missed the LS- style heel brakes on run-up.
A good parking brake would be useful for a windy day or uneven ground in any glider.
Hoping to avoid using the harness, pull strap, etc. on the blue handle.
EXP.
Jim

There is a kit from Schleicher for a parking brake. Bumper also has a kit for a parking brake, if I remember correctly.

Thanks Andrzej, but neglected to mention... Don't have the 26 any more.
Also wondering if there is a time limit on the hydraulic parking brake, ie: used overnight. Already use wheel chocks, but don't carry them with me in case of landing out.
Jim