Old December 7th 03, 05:30 AM
Dan Brown

Ernest Christley wrote in news:TLtAb.79227
:

Having spent years behind the big wheels, power to weight is probably on
the bottom of my list for not having a diesel in a small vehicle of any
type.

We're getting way off-topic for this group, but if you're at all
interested, test-drive a VW (Golf, Jetta, Bettle) TDI some time. Not
rockets by any means, but they're reasonably peppy. At idle, you can tell
it's a diesel, but when it's moving, it's quieter than the gas engine (due
to lower revs). I'd think it's a bad candidate for aircraft use because of
power/weight, but it's great for a car (which is why I drive one).