Old May 31st 18, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Hirashima

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 6:52:40 PM UTC-7, Mike C wrote:
I have a Galaxy 5S with an AMOLED screen which is supposed to be great in direct sunlight, but it is not nearly as visible in direct sunlight as my sold Streak was. Are the LCD screens any better? Are the newer AMOLD screens better than the earlier generation AMOLD screens?

Yes, newer AMOLED screens are definitely brighter. They get brighter and brighter every year, and they are certainly brighter than LCD screens.