Old March 3rd 19, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New Presentation - Working with Air Lines

John- Good presentation. Glad to see you recommended Lee Kuhlke's Soaring Magazine article on diagnosing air leaks. Mike Borgelt (Borgelt Instruments) also wrote a nice guide on the subject. I have a pdf if anybody wants it.

One thing I discovered several years ago is a neat way to reduce the number of T connections in the static line system. As you know, there can be multiple static ports, and many instruments require a static source. I incorporated a small plastic aquarium manifold to allow individual plumbing lines for each port and instrument. It really cleaned up and simplified the routing of lines, as well as reduced the number of T junctions, each of which just added to the potential number of leaks.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Plasti...%2C202&sr=8-28

This one has one input and six outlets, but they also come in 4, 8, 12. Some are metal, but the plastic one (above) has been adequate for my needs. Note that the inlet is a larger diameter, so some sort of adapter may be necessary.