Old March 14th 19, 11:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:27:23 -0700, Tango Whisky wrote:

It just happens that for this reason, any
mid-size car in Europe has no problem towing sailplane trailers - nobody
here would actually think about which car to buy in order to trailer,
even though we also may drive fast and across mountain ranges.

The only thing I've ever heard on that subject in the UK was advice to
buy a Ford Focus estate (four doors plus full width rear hatch) rather a
saloon was because the estate has stiffer rear suspension, so is more
stable when towing. That it also lets me cart more stuff around is a
bonus.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org