Old May 3rd 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Pee bag gel

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 12:02:35 AM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
We have cats and just got a new type of litter for them called SoPhresh Gel Lock. This stuff would be great in a zip lock pee bag! Super absorbent and turns into a gel immediately. I have not tried it in flight yet, but once i saw how this stuff worked i knew it would be great to put in some pee bags. They have it at Petco and probably amazon as well

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...lti-cat-litter

What do you think?

Back in the day toilet paper was used as an experiment to determine rotation of thermals. Probably only a few in this forum can recount this happening, but it resulted in the naming of a great glider club in Miami. I know that Burt knows the details and Scotty would also, so if you think the pee bags were exciting what would you do if you were flying along and were being passed by a 50 foot stream of toilet paper. Harry Senn, was one of the chief meteorologist at the National Hurricane Center in Miami and conducted research on thermal strength and size along with rotation by dispensing toilet paper from the cockpit of his 1-26. Check all this out, History -Miami Gliders. Those were the days, kind of like being part of the old guard. Bob