Old June 2nd 19, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default One-man rigging aids - is the electric up/down control worth it?

There’s two ways to go about this, raise the wing or raise the fuselage! I put the tool all the way down and leave it there. The key is the height of the wing stand and where you put it, i use a 4 leg step ladder (cut down to height with wings level)I put it at the tip. Fuselage is set at 25 foot pumps up.This makes Second wing just about right to slide all the way in, then I raise or lower fuselage with the foot pump as I feel the spar holes come together. Disassembly, i I put the tool on one wing and pick up the other wing tip to get my wing stand in place. This usually allows the pins to come out without any raising or lowering needed.
Hope this helps,
JJ