Old August 30th 04, 06:30 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Jack" wrote in message
m...
Kevin Brooks wrote:

Translation being, "I am too dumb to be able to read more than three
paragraphs at a time, and have nothing of substance to add to the

discussion
topic anyway."

If I have little to add to a discussion of THAD, it doesn't mean I
wouldn't like to learn. Of course if you are not concerned that anyone
read your postings, you are excused from the cohort of the
communication-capable. I certainly don't need to read the same thing
several times or to waste time digging out a new line or two embedded in
paragraphs of old info. But hey, if NG conventions are too restrictive
for one of your stature, so be it.

What "convention"? It is left to the individual poster as to how he snips.
Half the folks hereabouts do so without acknowledging such snips--bad form
IMO, but not a "convention". Since I tend to delete threads quite
frequently, it is sometimes a bit easier to go back and reread previous
statements made in the thread if I have not engaged in widespread snippage.
Case in point being this very thread--I was able to go back and determine
that I had indeed misunderstood the original posters intent vis a vis the
use of THAAD for CONUS defense. If you don't like that, tough cookies. You
could have just kept your trap shut, but instead you had to opine as to the
common sense level of the folks whop were doing the discussing, and
therefore controlled how the snippage was done or not done. If you ain't in
the kitchen, pipe down and accept what you are given at the table, pal.

The pepper isn't worth separating from the fly****.

I doubt you could taste the difference either way.

Brooks

Jack