Old June 18th 04, 07:38 PM
Dennis Fetters

Rich wrote:
Dennis Fetters wrote in message m...

...snip... I was not smart enough
to read the Rotax statement. Well Rich, I did read it. Better than
that, I understand it as most people do and was able to see beyond it

Iteresting that you have the abilty to "see beyond" the facts that
don't fit your plans.

It's true, I don't ware blinders and I have a forward thinking mind. I
and many others know why Rotax puts warnings on their engines. Who
don't? Even food and rides has warnings. Please, be reasonable.

Unfortunately, your customers lacked the abilty
to "see beyond" your retoric and realize that the cute little
helicopter was in fact beyond the abilty of even very experienced
helicopter pilots to operate safely.

So are you saying that every lite aircraft out there today has pilots
that lack the ability to "see beyond"? Rich, please be fair and not so
selective. Even today Mini-500's are flying with the same Rotax it
started with and with no problems. The proof is historical now. It says
that if you build and maintain your Mini-500 according to the latest
factory instructions, your Mini-500 will fly as designed. History, fact.
But, this may not be true in the future. I now have no way of knowing
what potential and unforeseen problems may occur since there is no
further factory continued testing.

Rich, there is no need to be mean or insulting to people.

Which is why I have not been mean or insulting to anyone.

Then please allow me to apologize if I took you wrong.

If improperly installed a 4 stroke will fail too.

I never stated a 4-store wouldn't fail. My statement said a 2-stoke
was more likely to fail without warning then a 4-stoke. You appear to
have "looked beyond" the without warning part.

Rich

No, I didn't. In fact, if there was a proven reliable 4 stroke that had
the power to weight needed, and was available new in-the-box at a rate
of 5 a week at the time we designed and built the Mini-500, I would have
probably used it. But there was nothing like that. The Rotax 582 was the
best available engine, and still is running well.

Sincerely,

Dennis Fetters