Old July 13th 03, 10:33 AM
John Cook

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:49:24 GMT, "Tom Schoene"
wrote:

"John Cook" wrote in message

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:20:30 -0400, Peter Kemp
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:18:26 +1000, John Cook
wrote:

take a look at
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/374892/M/

Great photo - but what's that on the port side pylon? Looks almost
like a wingless TALD.

Its the Defensive Aids Sub System (DASS) pod it contains a Laser
Warning Receiver, among several other systems!!.

See http://www.eurofighter.starstreak.ne.../defences.html

for full details

John, I think he's asking about the gizmo in the pylon inbaord of the
wingtip, not the DASS pod at the tip itself.

Oh.. Sorry. in that case its most likely a smokewinder....!!

My guess is that it's an instrumentation pod of some sort, possibly for
AMCI, or maybe for flight testing.

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-

Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk