Old June 7th 07, 09:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ronaldoB

Default the Kamikazi that hit the Australia...

Re The Kamikazi Prop wreckage from the Zero that hit the front funnel of the
Cruiser "Australia", When I was about 9 years old I traded some Black Hawk
comics for the Aircraft Identification plate from THAT Zero with the kid next
door.

My mate David's father worked at the Garden Island dockyard in Sydney during
the war years, and his father scored the ID plate (which was about 120mm x
100, black with Japanese writing brass plate )from the wreckage of that Zero.
I don't know if he retrieved it himself from the wreckage, or traded it with
a sailor who had, but anyway I ended up with it and had it in my collection
of really unusual bits for more than 50 years, but about 10 years ago I
noticed it missing....I rember saying that the Zero hit the front funnel and
low and behold, heres a photo on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Thanks a lot for that pic Dave, brought back memories.

Ronaldo8

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android