Old August 4th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Hawkeye[_2_]

Default Biggest bonehead moves flying into OSH?

I agree with you Tom that this is a show. However this show continues
to expand in the number of aircraft that attend. What eventually will
happen is a chain of events that result in a fatality accident over
the city of Oshkosh. Years ago a jet crashed into a neighborhood near
the field, this raised concerns about the amount of air traffic. If
two airplanes collide in the pattern and plummet into an area such as
a shopping center, these concerns will have negative effects on EAA.
Add in the number of new inexperienced pilots that will begin to
attend will compound this issue. All we want to see is a better way to
ensure pilots are aware of the procedures to make flying in/out of
this event as safe as possible. If everyone is on the same page,
things will continue to be as safe as they have been. As was discussed
before the show, go out and slow fly your aircraft...know how to do
it! Perfect sense to do especially considering the mix of performance
levels of aircraft and pilots in the pattern. It amazes me how many
color blind pilots there are...blue Cessna land on the green
dot....huh? I learned to fly at a military aero club. The rules then
were you had to have an endorsement to do certain things or go certain
places with the clubs aircraft. Maybe pilots attending need an
endorsement to attend EAA. Something as simple as stopping at
designated fields to review and be briefed on the NOTAM. This is a win
win situation...you get to review the NOTAM and take a potty break
before you get tied up in traffic.