Old December 2nd 03, 04:21 AM
Andrew Chaplin

Ed Majden wrote:

"Alan Minyard"
4. Given the range of the CF-105 and the size of Canada, you would have

huge holes in
your coverage.

66 Voodoo's sure didn't plug these holes! Nor did the Bomarcs at two
eastern bases. Most airports used for dispersal have supplies of jet fuels.
The U.S. had cruise type missiles and I expect the Russians had their own
versions. Don't forget, the Bomarc was used until the early 1970s where
weapons were much better. By the way an Arrow could be equipped with a Geni
as it had a large weapons bay.

That last bit, I think, is highly theoretical, Ed, because it would
have meant that Canada would have to design a system to deliver a
nuke. We did do that with the Argus, but it was always kept 'ush-'ush.

Besides, wasn't the missile armament for Arrow to have been Velvet
Glove?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO