Old February 4th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Slow flight and Slips to Landing - Video

A Lieberma wrote:
While my non precision approaches are always circle to land, wouldn't

dive and drive work more effectively even for straight in LOC
approaches? I descend700 feet per minute and "drive it" to the MAP.

I think I've been misunderstood.

I don't do either slips or d&d before the MAP. I descend 1000 FPM @ 90
knots, leveling before the MAP. That's 1700 RPM w/ 1 notch in my
Sundowner, don't have it nailed yet in the 182. 90 knots all the way,
controlling descent with throttle, no dive and drive.

I'm talking once you are at the MAP, doing 90 knots, a slip can be handy.

Never had the need to slip (at least
at my own airport) since I am at MDA well before MAP.

Same here...