Old March 26th 04, 10:39 AM
Paul Sengupta

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Some Reims Aerobats appear to have a Rolls
Royce Continental O-240 engine with 130 hp, but I can't tell if Reims

built
it that way or if it was an aftermarket mod. In fact, I could only find
reference to three such aircraft. Two were in the UK accident database and
one was for sale with a 'factory new' engine.

G-BCKU is one of them. You could only see sky on a Vx climbout.

It should be in the accident database twice, once when (this isn't
the official story) an instructor was blatting around low level and
hit a wire...cracked the screen and cut into the wing. He, as the
story goes, landed at a small strip (with student on board),
unwrapped the wire from around the wing, slung it under a hedge,
then flew back to base. This was when it was at Perth, and a friend of
mine was the ops guy. He told me about it and told me the reg. I said
I'd flown that plane.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?X29E258D7

From Perth it came to us at Cardiff. It was during this time I flew
it. It was also during this time that someone managed to twist the
wing doing unauthorised aeros. It just came back from a £15K
rebuild when someone crashed it. Second entry in the accident
database.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O58E348D7

Paul