Old March 31st 04, 01:34 AM
Alex Zobell

(Kizuno) wrote in message ...
Last Thursday, March 25, the Sierra wave was in prime form. I took off from
the Minden, Nevada airport at 6:46am in my ASH-26E and flew a Free 3 TP task
landing at California City at 5:03pm for an estimated distance of 1,633 km.

Now not to nitpick didn't you land at Inyokern instead of Cal City on
the 25th? There was a glider that landed out at Inyokern at around
dusk on the 25th and I heard that it had originated from Minden. Then
the next morning when I was out at the airport I saw Cal-City's
towplane come and tow the glider out of the airport. It sounds like
it was a great flight though it seemed like it was risky given the
conditions on the ground at Inyokern that day. The wind was howling
that evening as it usually does this time of year.