Old December 29th 03, 02:30 AM
Charles Gray

On 29 Dec 2003 02:13:31 GMT, (SteveM8597) wrote:

So, to the engineers in teh group, are we seeing a problem that is
basedin the designing of the planes, or the process used to create
that design, in the administrative and bueraucratic ways things are
done?

In a few words, software, systems integration, changing user requirements,
parts obsolesence and Congressionally mandated funding profiles/milestones.
Drives a contractor into a risk averse position and long development cycle.

So lets say we moved to a wartime footing, where the order was "Get
it done, and in our hands ASAP" with most other considerations
secondary-- would we see a dramatic improvemetn, or just a fwe months
shaved off here and there.
Note, I know that this won' t happen--this is more in the sense of
what *could* be done.