Old December 30th 04, 08:20 PM
pcoopy

Default Bonding fibreglass to aluminum

Tom, I'm coming in here from left field but, I caught a picture of
your spacewalker on the Warner site and fell in love with the color
scheme. I am at present in the process of completing a 1/3 scale RC
model of your aircraft. I can enter it in RC scale contests if I can
show that the subject aircraft actually exists. If I can complete an
accurate represantation and show proper documentation at RC scale
contests, I can be more competative. Having said all that, I want to
know if I can get in touch with you by Email in order to get a better
idea of the detailing.

PHIL COOPY
AMA609

Tom Mathes wrote:
I have had to build a new engine mount for CG reasons and am going to
have to extend my fiberglass cowling about 4" at the rear to fit my
firewall.
I am going to rivet the alum. to the inside of the rear of the cowl
and glass the inside, rear and outside to make the extention. I would
like to bond the alum. also to give a little more support. I think
epoxy would soften in that heat area. What can I use for the bonding
agent.
Thanks,
Tom