Old April 29th 05, 02:24 AM
Dudley Henriques

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message
k.net...

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

I take the post and use it exactly as I did here to make it a negative
example for any student who happens along the path.

I liked your approach. Many others have taken a different approach.

The
difference is that you used this as an example for others, while others
have attempted to directly attempt to disuade the OP.

I think the latter a losing proposition in this particular case.

- Andrew

Without knowing anything but what I have read from the IP, I would tend
agree with your assessment. But I don't blame those who have tried to set
him straight. In matters of flight safety , I will always opt for even
the
slightest chance at setting someone straight on something as important as

an
issue like this. If it's a waste of time for the IP, at least you can

bounce
off him to get through to someone else who might be more receptive to

common
sense.
It's been my experience through the years that taking the time to deal

with
issues like this one can pay off big time. After all, if you manage to

save
just one life by stopping long enough to shed a bit of light on the
truth,
it makes this whole Usenet thing worth while...at least for me anyway :-)
But you're right. It tries my patience sometimes doing it! :-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

Dudley, your one of the only one! I have learned a lot on these usnet
groups. I AM NOT A TROLL!!!!

Werid I seek instruction report back and get flamed!

Believe me, if I was "flaming you", you'd know it! :-)
It's just that some of the things you are posting here are bothering me and
I'm puzzled as to how you can view things the way you are viewing them.
For example, in another post, you make an issue out of the color of the
airplane and whether or not the airplane belonged to you or not. These
things aren't important to this issue. Only the fact that you have said you
rolled a non aerobatic airplane and seem to be quite proud of doing that.
Then you have attempted to justify all this by saying in another post that
you had a competent instructor on board when you rolled this 150.
Trust me on this one. Any CFI who would sit there fat dumb and happy on his
butt in a Cessna 150 and allow someone to roll it is NOT a competent
instructor. Hell, I shouldn't have to tell you this. You should KNOW this!
The act was not only unsafe, it was illegal. And then you come on a student
pilot's newsgroup and proceed to tell the world that they should "live for
today".
I'm sorry old buddy, but FWIW, I just don't see aviation like this, and I
sincerely hope that I've got an odds on chance of convincing YOU that this
is NOT the way to approach your flying.
If you have any respect for my opinion at all, I may have succeeded in
pointing you in a different direction. If not, at least I tried.
Hell, I'm not out here to flame you. If I thought you were a troll, I
wouldn't waste my time on you.
You think about what I've told you. I can't "make" you think differently.
That's entirely up to you. You can take that 150 out tomorrow and roll it
again. I can't stop you. But then again, after any sting from what I have
told you wears off a bit, maybe you will end up with just a little better
handle on this. If that's the case, you don't even have to let me know about
it. It's just like playing golf. If you cheat, you're cheating only
yourself.
I don't post here to show people how much better a pilot I am or how much
smarter I am at flying then they are. Like most experienced pilots, I post
here because I feel it's necessary for people like myself to at least try
and pass on to those coming up what I learned from those who came before me
and what I learned on my own.
When I post like I have to you on an issue like this one, I'm not trying to
better you, or to make you "look bad". I'm not that shallow.
In the end, YOU will have to decide for yourself about what's safe and
what's unsafe in your approach to flying. As for me.....If any small input
from me has helped you and others to make good decisions along these lines,
the time and effort I have taken on this group will have been well spent.