Old January 15th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace

Default Mogas-Sipping Cessna 172G

No argument. However, my original answer asked why a single engine Cessna
had a radio installed for 123.45. Not many single engine Cessnas for sale
in the Northeastern USA are going to be flying in Remote Oceanic Areas.

The reason, of course, is that there won't be any interference with R&D
testing by manufacturers in Remote Oceanic Areas.

Jim

"Scott Skylane" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:
No, the FCC invented it. I wouldn't have given a damn if they had
invented ANY frequency in the VHF com band, but the FCC has designated
123.4 and 123.45 as Flight Test frequencies./snip/

123.45 is also designated for "Air to Air, Worldwide Remote Oceanic
Areas".

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane