Old October 24th 03, 06:03 PM
ShawnD2112

Just buy one with 4 ailerons. After about 20 hours the roll rate will seem
slow enough as it is...

Shawn
"Al MacDonald" wrote in message
Greetings,

I'm looking at purchasing a good used Pitts S-1D with "C" wings. I can't
imagine why anyone would make this combination but I'm thinking it will

keep
me on the learning curve for quite some time anyway. I've read the
difference between the "C" and "D" wings are an extra set of ailerons,

which
increases the roll rate from about 180 to 220 degrees/second, and so
theorized that the top wing could one day be modified to accept another

set
of ailerons. Do any of the Pitts drivers know if this could be easily

done?
Failing that idea I'm thinking perhaps I could build a set of "S" wings

one
day if they would fit the "D" fuselage, and if so, would that make the

Pitts
into an S-1S, or is this simplistic thinking? Fire away.

--
Allan MacDonald