Old January 27th 04, 08:05 PM
Peter R.

Mike Rapoport ) wrote:

You can't unless your thermometer is wrong.

Are you replying to Dave's first sentence, which is:

I'd like to know how you get in icing when the temperature is +5.

Or his second:

I have never seen ice until the the gauge reads 0 or below.

Or both?

If you are replying to his second sentence, this is contradictory to my
understanding that the temperature right at the leading edge of an airfoil
could be up to a few degrees colder than the surrounding air, which is why
I learned that airframe icing (excluding freezing rain) can occur in air
temperatures above freezing.

I should point out here that I am simply seeking clarification of your
comment, not challenging it (as I look to you as one of the more
experienced in these groups).

--
Peter