Old October 28th 07, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

Default Good airshow lens?

"Charlie" wrote in message
. ..
The ability to hand hold the Bigma is inversely proportional to the length
of time I hold it.

The stark lack of Popeye arms is what has me thinking monopod. Still, I'd
like a better solution for air shows.

I think a monopod is a great choice whenever you have a camera/lens that
needs a little more stability than handheld can provide. It's quick to
turn, if it's tall enough, you can tilt and pan instantly. I got a manfroto
monopod and quick release head and the same head on my tripod for easy
changing if necessary.

Rob