Old April 15th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

Default Tost Disk Brake rebuild?

It's Done!

Thanks Dave Nadler and Uncle Hank for the off-line notes.

This Soaring community is always surprising. I talked to Monty@ M &
H Soaring this morning about the spec's for the Pads and O-ring.
Then went over to Aircraft Spruce to get the parts. After I looked
at their web site, I still had some questions about the rivets. I
called a buddy that is an ex '20 owner and RV-7 builder to ask about
the rivets. He lives about 100 miles away. As we talked, he
walked out to his Hanger and went thru some stuff on his work
bench. He had exactly the parts I needed. When would you like to
do this he asked?? I told him that if he wanted to "help", it would
be on his schedule........He responded, I'll be there in an Hour. He
was and did the whole job as I "supervised". Cleaned and polished,
pads and ring with a full bleed and new fluid. The system in general
was in good shape. Just slight corrosion and some gunk. I
supplied him with 1 soda for all the trouble. He'll be back next
weekend for a test flight.

Paul