Old June 19th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Discus 44

Default Avier / V2 Dissection & Reinforcing

There is a trick getting the front faseplate off it requires a
delicate touch to pry this off. I used my fingernail and went around
the outside seam until it popped off. Once this is done then a very
small phillips screwdriver is used to remove four screws. Once these
are removed the frame and back come apart easily. Take great care not
to strain the cable attaching the screen to the circuitboard and take
the necessary precautions with the potential ESD shorting. Be aware
of the power wiring also not to short it. It will make lots of sparks
if you do. It is a LiPo battery and mine is 1750mAh. if memory
serves. On mine the switch had moved to a position where it could not
be switched on, thus having to examine the problem and repair it. The
solder was the only thing holding the switch on. I did notify
Vertica about this. I should have taken pictures but did not.
Actually I have seen some pictures of a unit open showing the Baro
option installed. I do not recall the site where this was displayed.

Discus44