Old September 27th 19, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Kawa rough landing?

On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 6:19:04 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 5:57:40 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 3:21:49 PM UTC-4, 5Z wrote:
IMHO, the dire warnings about poor LD on the POH are there to avoid any
liability if someone decides to sue after an engine extended mishap.

Eric and 5Z - Please don't ASSUME that all gliders are as benign as 26
with motor out and stopped. They are not. You are doing the community a
great disservice by ASSUMING that its not a big problem for some gliders.
Including types with many in service.

Please be safe out there,
Best Regards, Dave

And you are doing the community a disservice by not naming those MGs. We are, at least, speaking from first-hand knowledge and ALWAYS state the gliders that we have direct experience with.

Tom

Wow, something we both agree on Tom :-)

This started out discussing whether the extended engine on the GP14 would cause it to "plummet" if I recall some previous comments. We're providing some data points for what appears to be a similar looking pylon propeller to the GP14. The GP14 actually looks less draggy.
Now, the first generation MGs with the large and heavy engine on the pylon might be a completely different case. But we're not talking about them.

Tom 5Z