Old September 7th 18, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Vario Comparison

Me, too!Â* The maximum speed with the gear down in the Stemme is 76
knots.Â* I keep the speed very close to that number throughout the
pattern, slowing on final as the target point is made.Â* I also have very
effective dive brakes and so I keep the pattern in close.Â* I cringe when
I see a glider fly a half mile final at 50 kts or less. Sure, he's got
the glide ratio to make the runway easily, until that unexpected gust
comes along...

On 9/7/2018 7:08 AM, Nick Kennedy wrote:
I try to keep it over 70 knots the whole way to the deck, works for me.

--
Dan, 5J