Old April 17th 05, 01:55 PM
Roy Smith

"Marty Ross" wrote:
1.) Do the "three landings" have to be done in one day?

I'm not aware of any requirement that the flight be completed in one day,
but by the same token, I'm not aware of any definitive ruling in the other
direction. My commercial X/C was White Plains, NY to Key West, FL (2300
flight miles round trip, more or less). The trip consisted of (IIRC) 7
legs over about a week. No single day's flying met the requirement, but my
examiner didn't question it.

But, the only real answer is to ask your examiner ahead of time. If he's
cool with it, you're good to go. If he objects, well, at least you know
ahead of time where you stand (better to find out now than on the day of
the checkride).

2.) Is there any "recency" requirement for this - e.g. does this trip not
count because it was taken almost two years ago?

There is certainly not currency requirement. Experience doesn't expire
unless there is some specific time limit mentioned in the regs.