Old April 30th 04, 01:50 PM
Bill Daniels

"Don Johnstone" wrote in
message ...
There have been many suggestions over the past few
months to fit equipment to gliders of all flavours,
most of them requiring electrical power.

The list is long, transponders, strobe lights, anti
collision warnings and thermal predictors.
We already have electric varios, turn and slip, artificial
horizon, gps, palm top, bug wipers and loggers and
I probably have not mentioned them all.

My question: Where is the power coming from to run
all these devices?

Available power is a constraint. However, there have always been ways
around it.

The current crop of electronics consumes much less power than previous
generations. Heavy steel oxygen systems are being replaced by very
efficient systems like the MH electronic pulse demand system. I'm carrying
less battery weight than ever while using more electronics.

Bill Daniels