Old October 31st 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
abripl

Default Lancair Legacy

Hey Bill,

Do I detect some humor here?

Most of us are concerned with general fuel savings - not just for our
own
immediate savings. But you know that higher general consumption results
in higher prices at the pumps which means the poor guys (most of us)
indirectly pay for the "enjoyment" of those with lots of money. So
let's have
prudent enjoyment.

Badwater Bill wrote:
Oh come on you guys, you can't justify any of this. These modern,
expensive airplanes are no different that owning a boat or even a Lear
Jet.

It's not a neccesity, it's not something required to enjoy life. If
you can't own it and just go burn all the gas you want to burn through
it, you shouldn't even get it. Anyway, that's the way I feel.

I didn't buy it so I could get 20 mpg out of it. It's just
interesting that I do. ...............