Old December 22nd 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default The future of displays in the cockpit?

On Dec 22, 11:49*am, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Dec 22, 12:00*pm, Richard wrote:

On Dec 22, 6:47*am, Tim Taylor wrote:

Pixel Qi display with both e-text and color display modes.

http://www.pixelqi.com/products

http://techland.com/2009/05/30/pixel...-is-the-future....

Tim,

The *Pixel Qi screen is OK in the sun notice they did not show any
true colors in the picture. * *If you want to see the best in the sun.

http://www.hvgc.com.au/blog/?p=262

It is designed for sunlight readabiltiy.

I have not seen anything better, and I have looked.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

I don't need color and the reduced energy use would be extremely
helpful in the glider. *I look forward to this technology being tried
for use in the glider. *I don't see any data on the refresh rates in
the e-paper mode, that will be the determining factor if one can be
used in the glider.- Hide quoted text -

Tim,

I suspect that it would be rather hard to find a black and white
display, and I would guess that they don't use any less power.

If you don't want color you could probably turn it off with SeeYou
Mobile software.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com