Old February 19th 17, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon[_2_]

Default Why are side sticks unpopular in sailplanes

On 2/19/2017 7:14 AM, J. Nieuwenhuize wrote:
Why would a well-designed sidesticks not be liked,

Like others here, I've never flown with a side stick. That said, in
gliders I've probably switched hands on the control stick countless
times for more reasons than I could possibly enumerate here. I'm
thinking that would be difficult or impossible with a side stick.

Most airplanes with side sticks have auto pilots to free up the pilot's
hands for other chores, gliders don't.

Vaughn