Old June 16th 13, 02:19 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K (ES) View Post
I am not ashamed to admit it was me.
Tom
Tom, I applaud your posting of this incident. It's always good to be exposed to situations that make us think. I fly a 1-34 a lot and I have inadvertently caught my right shirt sleeve on the canopy release tugging it to the "almost" open position. I was a bit amused by some of the comments on Youtube....some of which are obviously from non glider pilots or low time newbies. Sure you could have released and landed straight ahead or made a left turn as you noted but what you did resulted in a positive outcome and that's what matters. I also have great respect for the cadre of experienced pilots on this forum and their opinions and comments were and are of interest to me.

Again, well done.

Walt