Old October 10th 18, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ADSB panel display

Regarding the comment about "Flarms promise of safe haggling", right from the very start of Swiss Flarm in Europe, Flarm emphasised that "See and Avoid" was more effective than Flarm in a thermal gaggle. The objective of Flarm warnings between gliders is to alert us to the possibility of conflicts with gliders the presence of which we might not have been aware of - rather than to micro-manage flight safety in a dense gaggle of gliders in a thermal who damn well out to know the others are there.

With the US getting Power Flarm and never original Flarm it seems that a lot of pilots immediately picked up on the Power side of Power Flarm and saw it as a competitor to GA/CA ADSB rather than fully appreciating benefits and design limitations of the Flarm side.

Not against ADSB but it is not for the foreseeable future an alternative to the Flarm aspect of PF for gliders. I too am trying to figure out the best and most space efficient way to get an LX 9000 PowerFlarm + transponder + radio + ADSB + displays into a panel. I think the Air Avionic ATD 57 controller display has to be part of the solution to save panel holes.