Old November 1st 05, 07:44 PM

Default Off Airport Landings

WEll...since I got some interest in the road landings, lets take
another shot at the off airport stuff? It has been addressed before but
there are new readers and pilots who haven't been participants.
When is the last time you, YOU did the "what if..." game and bothered
to look off the road with the evaluation of a landing area?
The most recent foray with the pilot and his C-210 in Louisiana who
destroyed his airplane with ineptitude during his attempt to salvage
his already proven lack of skills and planning, has prompted a number
of posts.
Once again, I have more than 13,000 hours in the lowest reaches of the
airspace system in crop dusting, aka Ag Flying, and have made many off
airport landings.
What are some of the things to consider if you are faced with the
heartpounding reality of an engine failure and an off airport
unscheduled landing? Hmmmmm? I promise you, been there and done that
more than once.
Hey, this is educational. If you want to report me to the nearest FAA
FSDO be my guest and I'll entertain them with my tales and how legal I
was at the time.
Interested? Let's see your input......
Ol Shy & Bashful