Old November 22nd 03, 01:04 AM
Vaughn

"Brian Colwell" wrote in message
news:69hvb.445262$pl3.76306@pd7tw3no...

Thanks Vaughn, I was beginning to suffer from a complex....:-)) My 6000

hrs
didn't seem to help that much when I experimented on a PC sim......but my
friends 12 year old was a real ace ..:-))

My hours are only measured in the hundreds, but I have had similar luck
with PC sims. I am sure that any 12 year old could eventually teach me, but
I find the experience to be so different that I am afraid of picking up some
bad habit that will rear up and bite me when I am really flying. I also do
not encourage my students to use them.

Again, they may be good for practicing instrument procedures, but I am
a sailplane CFI.

Vaughn