Old September 16th 09, 10:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

Default Runway incursions

On Sep 15, 8:35*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Any occurrence at an aerodrome involving the incorrect presence of an
aircraft, vehicle or person on the protected area of a surface designated
for the landing and take-off of aircraft"

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/m...N%207050.2.pdf

I strongly encourage you to discuss this with your FAA official guest from
the Seattle FSDO that gave that CFI seminar and bring him up to speed.

I'll be sure to tell him some guy on the internet said he was wrong,
after ATC--totally different people that the guest--filed two runway
incursion reports for taxiway incursions.

Enter a taxiway or other "protected area" at a towered airport without
clearance, it's an incursion. I've seen it happen, confirmed that it
was reported, and discussed it with the FAA after their Runway
Incursion seminar. I don't care what you read on the internet.

Readers are free to form their own opinions and choose their own
safety practices. I'm just telling people what happened.

-c