Old March 26th 13, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.aviation.military,talk.politics.misc,alt.society.labor-unions
Michael A. Terrell

Default Is the 787 a failure ?

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

VERY common problem on "A Piece of Crap" UPS systems (as well as
some
cheaper ones) but when they split they don't leak.

Their battery float voltage can be adjusted, if you don't mind fussing
with them and know what to set it to.
http://www.jjoseph.org/notes/apc_sma..._float_voltage

I get five year life out of the steel cased APC UPS without
modifications, and I have only bought one new. that was 14 years ago.
Since then I have accumulated dozens of free units that work when you
replace the battery.

I have small, cheap Conext and Newpoint UPSs that take half a day to
recharge after a run time test. IIRC they draw about 25W from the AC
line when fully discharged.

enough left over to pay them.

Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week.