Old July 21st 03, 07:25 PM
pac plyer

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message ...
pac plyer wrote in message Right you are Cap Doug... but, Boy, I'm not

touching this one with a ten-foot pole. But you ougtta see how many people
are awake on the
flight deck of a "back door" round the world flight somewhere around
MNL to BOM. ;-)

I've never fallen asleep at the yoke, and I'll never do it again.

D. (I get beers for those stories!)

Cap,

I just realized this sucker is cross-posted to students! Ahem! What
I understood you to mean, and what I meant was that a PIC needs to be
diligent in his duty indeed, to thoroughly scan the overhead panel for
momentary fault lights that could flicker in cruise. I have found the
best way to do this is tell the gear-jerker "you got it" and then
crane my neck back over the headrest to get a better peripheral view
of the circut breaker panels....

(mabey you're right about the "safety breifing" term) ;-)

pac "going to scan the OH for a while" plyer

p.s: never did like CNN anyway.