Old July 25th 03, 06:01 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Robert raises some good points about interpolating between the
different polars, and it points towards a question that I've been
wondering for a while:

Why have none of the established manufacturers come out with an
auto-flap system that uses a computer to assess several parameters
(speed, angle of attack, G loading, air density, etc), and an actuator
to adjust the flaps to an appropriate setting?

I suspect that the answer might be, because it really doesn't matter
all that much. Look at the difference between the LS6 and the LS8 -
you can barely tell them apart until you get to about 85 knots.

However, that autoflap arrangement has a lot of whiz-bang appeal, and
I'd like to see someone give it a try.

Thanks, and best regards

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com