Old November 29th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Default Instrument Check Ride - What navigation equipment can I use ?

Roy N5804F wrote:
quipment available.

Now comes my question, what will I be allowed to use on my instrument
checkride ?
I am assuming that the examiner will want the 530 switched off at some stage
for at least one ILS approach, while using the KX170B + GS Indicator ?

While things can mysterious fail at any time, you should be prepared
to use everything in the plane.

I got to use my moving map (the only thing that failed was the AI
and the HSI) throughout the checkride. I used the autopilot for
the holding pattern up to the procedure turn on the first approach
and then he requested I hand fly from then on.

After the stickies came on during unusual attitudes, he had me
go fly the GPS approach partial panel. Of course the GPS feeds
my HSI, but it's as easy following the purple line on the map
just zoom it up. He even suggested that I could use the autopilot
if I knew how to make it work in that regime (which I did for a
while, but it was so gusty that the thing was hunting all over
the course, so we decided I could do a better job handflying it).