Old February 14th 04, 06:43 PM
BigRedWingsFan

"Young Old Timer" wrote in message
: "fudog50" wrote in message
: ...
: You're absolutely wrong, Mr.young old timer,
: A Chief Warrant Officer in the Navy is Commisioned from day one. Go to
: these 2 websites to get educated on Chief Warrant Officers in the
: Navy. Specifically, click on the "history" button.
:
: http://www.bupers.navy.mil/pers211/index.html
:
: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/6711/
:
:
: You do not know what you are talking about, I do, I am a
: "COMMISSIONED" Chief Warrant Officer..
:
:
: On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:37:31 -0800, "Young Old Timer"
: wrote:
:
: One comment. A Warrant Officer is not an Officer in the sense of the
: title.
: A Warrant Officer is APPOINTED, not promoted or commissioned.
Therefore,
: the crap about fraternization between officers and enlisted do not
apply
: here.
: Did you know that there are a lot of enlisted personnel married to
: officers
: on active duty?? Is there a double standard?? You bet your ass there
: is.
: Example: LTC Smith (female) is the head nurse of a large military
: hospital,
: and SP4 Smith is a supply clerk on the same post, not necessarily the
: same
: unit, but it could be. What do you do in a situation such as this??
COL
: Jones is a Physician - Neuro Surgeon that was given a commission
directly
: the rank of Colonel due to his skills and shortage of it in the
military.
: His wife is a Master Sergeant that has been on active duty for 18
years.
: Prior to his commission, he worked in a large research hospital near
the
: base where his wife was assigned as NCOIC of Computer Information
: Services.
: All of these are just examples on how the military system has a double
: standard when it comes to this sort of thing. The REAL problem is when
: say
: CPT Casey who is the Commanding Officer of Company A is dating PFC
: Dingleberry who is a radio repair(person). THAT's what the military has
: problem with, especially when the officer has direct supervision or
: influence over the enlisted person's career and advancement. This can
: also
: work in reverse where CPT Casey gets ****ed and finds a way to give
: Dingleberry an Article 15 for some bull**** offense.
:
: THEREFORE, yes, there is a double standard. I've seen it played all
: sorts
: of ways and have never personally seen anyone disciplined for it. But
it
: has happened and very publicly at that.
:
: As for the situation you post about, yes, the Command should have put a
: stop
: to it immediately by transferring one of them out of the Command.
: Instead,
: they let it continue because the spouses were not there, and therefore
: serious incident wasn't likely to happen.
:
: This goes on daily in the Armed Forces, and as long as men and women
are
: deployed together, especially to isolated areas, **** will continue to
: happen, and so will babies.
:
: "Nick Jade" NickJade(at)hotmail(dot)com wrote in message
: ...
: Let's get this out fix this problem so hopefully it won't happen when
: our
: soldiers return from Iraq.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: December 31, 2002
:
:
:
:
:
: "The hard right over the easy wrong", "What goes TDY,
stays
: TDY"
: , "Screw-up and move up", we have all heard these sayings before but
: just
: how true are they? Well I'd like to tell you a story and let you
: decide.
:
:
:
: A few years ago a women deployed to Bosnia with the 3rd
: Armored
: Cavalry Regiment in support of SFOR7. She was a SPC, an avionics
tech,
: married and the mother of three children. While in Bosnia she met a
: man.
: He was a CW3, OH-58 pilot, also married with children. They would
both
: call
: back every few days to their spouses and say that all was well. But
it
: wasn
: 't, the SPC and CW3 were having an affair. The affair started not
long
: after they arrived in Bosnia and lasted almost until their
: redeployment, 8
: months later.
:
: They would eat, watch movies, and go on trips together.
: They
: would also meet in his office late at night, after he finished his
: night
: flights. They spent a lot of time together, so much time that rumors
: started. But no one cared to look into the rumors, too much trouble
: maybe?
: When they called their spouses, they would even warn them that rumors
: were
: going about and not to worry, the rumors weren't true.
:
: She was promoted to SGT and even earned her Spurs, while
: having
: an affair with a Chief Warrant Officer. He continued to fly and earn
: his
: flight pay while getting his "Becky fix", a term they used for their
: private
: moments. But, as all things do, the affair was found out.
:
: Not by some one with them in Bosnia, but by her husband.
: The
: rumors where too much and he confronted her. She admitted to her
: husband
: that yes she was sleeping with this pilot, whom he also knew. So the
: affair
: stopped (?) and they returned home to FT. Carson, CO. In time her
: marriage
: ended, but not her career. She applied for and was accepted to the
: Warrant
: Officer Flight program and is now a WO1 attending flight school at
Ft.
: Rucker, AL. The pilot? He is still flying and is now a maintenance
: test
: pilot. She earned her promotion and her Spurs, but did she disserve
: them?
: Screw-up and move up?
:
: The base in Bosnia was small and everyone knew just about
: everyone. So I wonder how their affair was missed. The Army has a
: policy
: about relationships between enlisted and officers. In basically
states
: that
: officers and enlisted personnel will not have improper relationships.
: It
: goes on to define "improper" as anything other then professional. I
: think
: eating alone, going to the movies, and going on MWR trips together
: would
: fall under the improper category. One of the duties of a NCO is to
: know
: your soldiers. It's hard to believe that her Squad Leader, Platoon
: Sergeant, and First Sergeant did not notice that something might be
: going
: on
: between her and this CW3. Where they just bad NCO's who didn't care
or
: did
: they see the problem and decide it was just too hard to confront?
The
: easy
: wrong over the hard right? What about his peers and superiors?
Didn't
: they
: notice either? What goes TDY, stays TDY?
:
: What about the command? Well a few months after the 3d
ACR
: returned to Ft. Carson someone spoke up about the affair and an
: investigation was started. The SGT was asked about her relationship
: with
: the CW3 and she said they were just friends and the investigation was
: dropped. A short time later her packet for Warrant Officer was
: approved
: and
: letters of recommendation signed. Maybe the command was just wanted
: her
: quietly disappear. The "Not my problem anymore" syndrome?
:
: A lot of people who were with them in Bosnia knew about
or
: at
: least suspect that they were having an affair. My question is how
come
: no
: one said anything about it? Is the Army fostering a climate were
: actions
: like this are ok? Are the soldiers being taught by example that as
: long
: as
: you don't get caught in the act it's ok? As long as they do their
job,
: no
: one cares what they do in their off time? Are our leaders afraid to
: confront soldiers about their personal life? Do we expect our
soldiers
: follow the Army values or are the Army values just lip service?
:
: I hope that the Army can train its leaders to be more
: perceptive
: and not afraid to approach a problem which may be "touchy" and
: embarrassing.
: To guide and mentor our soldiers to do the right thing and to up hold
: the
: Army values.
:
:
:
:
:
: This story is true. How do I know? Because the SGT in
: this
: story was my wife, Rebecca Beasley (now WO1 Rebecca Clark) and the
CW3
: is
: Edwin Annis. Now you maybe be wondering why I wrote this story.
Maybe
: it's
: because I'm a hurt and angry ex-husband wanting to get back at his
: ex-wife?
: No, it's too late for that. But I am an NCO who has seen a soldier
do
: a
: terrible wrong and get away with it and I also have soldiers who have
: lost
: faith in our system because of this. I also wrote this story because
: am
: tired of living this lie. How can I look my soldiers in the eye and
: preach
: to them about doing the hard right over the easy wrong and following
: the
: Army values when I myself can't do it. I should have said something
: along
: time ago. Now I will retire in a few years and when I do it will be
: with
: a
: clear conscious. So I wrote this letter for two reasons: as a NCO to
: officially inform you of an incident which I believe was wrong and as
: man
: who must live by his principles.
:
: I also ask that you use this story as a training tool for
: our
: soldiers and leaders. We have all heard stories like this one after
: major
: deployments. I feel something must be done about it. Maybe it's
time
: enforce a distinct separation between Officers, NCOs, and the
soldiers.
: Policies are written which do just that, but are they enforced?
:
: Maybe this story can be re-written so as not to incriminate anyone
and
: shown
: to our soldiers as an example of what can happen when we start
: believing
: in
: terms such as those stated at the beginning of this letter. I have
: been
: in
: for 20 years now and am tired of hearing "What goes TDY, stays TDY".
: hope
: this letter helps to show others that that saying is wrong.
:
:
:
: Thank you
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: I speak from the Army side, not the Navy side of things. Army Warrant
Offic
: ers ARE NOT Commissioned unless they changed things since I retired.

Changed long ago.

:
: