Old October 10th 03, 06:00 PM
ThomasH

Tobias Dussa wrote:

"G.R. Patterson III" writes:
Hm, I see. Obviously our experiences differ. Which Sennheiser models do you
own, actually?

HMEC 300.

That is exactly the model I have, too... Interesting. I assume that

Same here. I heard in none of the David Clarks, Sigtronics, Pilot
Avionics, Telexes, Lightspeeds such crystal clear voice like in my
HMEC300, and also also in the small headset, which is by the by
virtually identical to the stadium reporter headset which you may
see so often in US tv in all sorts of sports transmissions. Bose is
also good, the X model is very expensive and problematic in case of
power loss, but it is through and through a high class piece of
equipment.

I can not believe that Sennheiser has not replaced any faulty units
or checked out why G.R's headsets under perform to such an extend.
But, so is the market, its very individual, they have "one less
customer" as I understand.

the bad audio quality is there regardless to which type of intercom
the headset is hooked up? On a german aviation newsgroup, there has
been a short discussion lately that some intercoms can't handle
headsets with different mike impedances, so that may be a factor, but

Correct! You might have to adjust the mike level as I had, especially
for the Sigtronics icoms. Since I do not own a bird, I fly so many
different aircraft and some of the icoms are really crappy.

By the way: The Sennheiser mikes are so good that you can adjust them
to work fine while maintaining a finger wide distance from your mouth.
I saw enough of "mike kissing" pilots with other makes and models!
My friend (a Bonanza owner) used to automatically grab the mike with
a hand and push toward his mouth while speaking with his Pilot Avionics.
Once he got the HMEC200 (used on eBay!), he stopped doing that...

Thomas

I am no expert either in this sector. Other than that, I don't know.
Obviously, YMMV with Sennheiser headsets. Hm.

Cheers,
Toby.
--
Usenet est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Trolli,
aliam useri regulari, tertiam, qui ipsorum lingua summi dei, nostra