Old June 21st 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Aviation incidents

There was an incident involving an Emirates A330 at the end of last
month. The local newspapers here were rather reticent about what
exactly happened, although it was reported that the Vienna-bound
airplane was in the air for about an hour after taking off and had
returned to make an emergency landing. Curiously, it was also reported
that debris from the runway was collected by officials investigating
the incident.

Does anyone here know more on what exactly happened? I've tried hard to
find out without much luck.

Is there a website where details of aviation incidents can be browsed
through? I don't know if ICAO-enlisted airlines are required to file
some sort of report each time an incident occurs...

Ramapriya