Old March 31st 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Contest Number Removal

When using a hair dryer or especially a heat gun, don't use so much heat
that the tape film you are removing starts to melt or becomes weak.
Sometimes pulling more slowly or at a different angle helps if the pull
speed you are using is leaving adhesive on the surface or is breaking the
tape. Conversely, sometimes pulling a sticker off quickly brings the
adhesive off cleanly, while pulling slowly leaves residue behind - -
experiment.

If there is adhesive left on the surface, before using solvents try removing
the adhesive with some tape. I've found cloth tape (with rubber adhesive)
works well for this. Smooth the tape down and then pull straight off holding
both ends of a short piece of tape. Repeat.

bumper

"Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote in message
I've just used a hair dryer to warm it up and then peel it off. Auto
paint stores supply rubber wheels that 'erase' film trim. Either should
do the job.

Bill Daniels

"Roy Bourgeois" wrote in message
Anybody know any tricks to removing the 3M type stick
on contest numbers that have been on for a while?

Roy