Old May 16th 05, 04:28 PM
Jay Honeck

The beer, as expected, ranged from some very good examples of local
brewmasters finest to some absolutely awful bath tub brews not meant

for
human consumption. My wife and I both quickly learned that we are

NOT fans
of the ales, always favoring the more full flavored lagers and

occasionally
imbibing in a stout.

I've found that within 30 minutes of the start of a beer tasting, I am
no longer able to distinguish the finer points of flavoring. Shoot,
after an hour, I'm barely able to discern stout from ale.

But it's fun, nonetheless!

we heard several people asking
for the Budweiser or Miller table.

I trust you summarily turned these cretins away?

;-)

All in all a pretty fun night. Would I do it again? Probably.

Is this going to be an annual event? If so, I'll start planning for
next year!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA