Old October 22nd 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Delta Aircraft lands on taxiway in Alanta

Stubby wrote:
On Oct 21, 10:46 pm, a wrote:
On Oct 21, 7:40 pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

"Ross" wrote in message
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/21/geo...ion/index.html
Back to incursions.
--
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Peter, it landed at 6:05 AM, it would have been quite dark, and the
flight was I think from Reo. I guess if there was a cross wind of,
say, 50 knots, if they were flying an ILS the nose could have been
pointing at the taxiway when they broke out (that is intended to be
funny -- this event was not).

Years ago I was flying an approach into Seattle's airport (Seatac?),
and not very far off the extended centerline of the runway I was to
use was another airport, with a runway aligned almost the same way. I
wonder how often visitors land at the wrong airport?- Hide quoted text -

I have suffered momentary confusion at an airport that was using a
closed runway as a taxiway.

Long ago there use to be two airports in Kansas City area. One on the
Kansas side (Fairfax) and the other on the MO side which was the
original KC main airport. A river separated the two airports. There was
a hot line between the towers because the pilot would be talking to one
tower and landing at the other airport. Fairfax is now gone.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP