Old October 23rd 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Delta Aircraft lands on taxiway in Alanta

"Ross" wrote in message
ManhattanMan wrote:
Ross wrote:
Stubby wrote:
On Oct 21, 10:46 pm, a wrote:
On Oct 21, 7:40 pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

/snip/

to one tower and landing at the other airport. Fairfax is now gone.

Got my PPL there in '67. Great airport to learn right and left patterns
since you always had to keep west of Fairfax to avoid KMKC. It was
turned into a GM assembly plant over thirty years ago so hard telling
what it is today. I left KC 20 years ago.

I got my PPL at Hillside Airport far south of KCMO. 1800' Ma and Pa
operation. C-150 was $8.00/hr wet. This was 1970. Got my CPL at, then,
Johnson County Airport though the Johnson county community college. Paid
$75 for tuition and $14.00/hr wet for C-172 or Cherokee 140s. Instructors
were free as they were paid by the college.

I like those prices!